Friday, September 07, 2007

Er . . . Hello, Again.

I will make no excuses, except to say that in the past I had a job that required me to be in front of a computer for hours on end, and that I have not had that job for some time. (*Good* thing.)

Decided to take some time to figure out what I wanted to do when I grew up (though that moment *must* be long since past, mustn't it?), I further decided that for a while I would do nothing that I did not wish to do while I was doing it, but that I would definately make the effort to keep blogging, as I enjoyed it so well.

Well!

During the first week of the new regime, I was so busy with other things, and being not constantly in front of a computer, no blogging.

And somehow, what with this and that . . . the ill-advised purchase of a Playstation 2 (TOOL OF THE DEVIL!), Harry Potter (last opportunity to fully enjoy the first six before embarking on the last), Big Love (who knew?), Jane Austen, traveling, new computer that I *cannot* understand, and who recalls what else . . .

After a while, what can I say, but most times I forgot I had a blog at all.

Well you may wonder.

When I was knitting, I did think about it quite a lot, missed it and you, and as I finished projects and started new ones, I mentally composed many and long blog entries. Which, as you know, were never posted.

EZ insists that one may read and knit at the same time (which may be true if one's book lays flat), but I am near certain that *I* at least cannot simultaneously knit and blog.

&c.

But something happened yesterday that determined me finally to write.




Unfortunately, I can't seem to get a good photo of the whole of it. Bigger than I expected.

Also in the way of an update, St. Brigid is long since finished:




Not sure I like the collar, but I'll have to wear it a few times to figure that out, and it is far too hot for wool just now.

Oh, and Posy, too, finally:




Definately wearable, although not as I imagined. I should not have cut out all those inches -- she would not have been too short after all. Contemporary pants styles are so low cut! Not that I have a problem baring my midriff in appropriate circumstances, but between the lacey holes and the missing inches, the poor girl is not suited for, er, respectable work. I still like her, though. She's cheeky.

So, so much more, but probably the first entry back should endeavour to not overwhelm either the writer or the reader (assuming any remain!), for fear that there shall never be another.

Cheers!

Labels: , , ,

9 Comments:

Blogger KelInCal said...

All the FOs are really beautiful! Lizard Ridge is simply gorgeous. Glad you're back.

5:29 PM  
Blogger kimchi said...

OH MY Goodness!!!
so glad to see you again! :o)
and geez, the FOs are just everywhere! the lizard ridge is amazing. AMAZING!!! and the sweaters look so great! wow!
can't wait to see what else you've been up to! have a great weekend! :o)ek.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Welcome back! I can certainly see where working on such glorious projects would be more interesting than blogging about them. Your Lizard Ridge is fantabulous and, umm, big! St. Brigit is amazing. Those are truly some of The Best Cables in knitdom.

8:09 PM  
Blogger Cookie said...

I thought you'd forgotten us and I'm very glad you're back. You are back, right?

Love the knitting. Lizard Ridge is amazing.

8:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Lizard Ridge, and have been tempted by it ever since I first saw it. Have not yet succumbed. St Brigid is also fantastic, another temptation.
Glad to see you back. Gillian

1:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Girlfriend! Are you kidding? Me forget you? I have missed you. *So* glad you are back. I can understand, after spending hours and hours at a keyboard for work, you might want to stay away from it for a while once you leave it. Did that make sense? I also had my own little hiatus. Mine due to loss of my blogging machine. But since I found a replacement, things have picked up a little. You 3 projects are fabulous, as always, but my favorite of the three, is St. Brigid.

12:43 PM  
Blogger KaKi said...

I missed you! Welcome back!!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Sally Anderson said...

So glad you're back. I kept checking and checking because I, too, have missed you as your blog is one of my favorites. Stay put, ok? And those FOs? Gorgeous, just beautiful. I love that afghan. Did it take forever? Did you use Kureyon? --Sally

9:08 PM  
Blogger Anonyknits said...

Sally -- Yes, the Lizard Ridge used the magic Kureyon. It does make the thing more than a twee expensive, but I managed to not think about that by having previously acquired a stash of Kureyon oddballs. (Like chocolate bars at the grocer's, the darn things just jump into my basket at the yarn shop.)

It took about a year, but only because I went for months at a time without working on it. If I concentrated on it exclusively, I'm sure I could have finished it well within a month. (Of course, I was never going to do that.)

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home