Monday, June 11, 2007

That Took FOREVER

"Two baby sweaters, PRONTO!"

I don't react well to orders.

(Definately not cut out for the military. Unless one can enlist as a High Mucky Muck? I suppose even they have to take orders from the Higher Mucky Mucks . . . .)

About half way through, I stopped enjoying the February Sweater. I'm fairly certain it had to do with the yarn, not the pattern. Louet superwash, in whatever goes for sportweight in that pantheon. It looked all fluffy in the skein, but -- while smooth -- it really didn't like me much. No give at all.

And since I really felt I had to finish it soon . . . well, rather than just knit on something else, I just . . .

STOPPED KNITTING.

(I still can't believe it, even as I write it!)

Stopped.

Knitting.

!!!

???

!!!

But they're done now, buttons and all . . .




. . . and we'll let bygones be bygones, but NO WAY am I tackling the rest of those hats for this year's Dulaan deadline. They'll just have to go next year.

The guilty and possibly ridiculous part of me is all, "But Anonyknits, that's, like, 10 very cold people who won't have their hats this winter."

But the wiser part (which I rarely listen to) says: "People will need hats next year, too. And if you hatted every cold head in Mongolia by yourself, just think of how pissed off all the other knitters would be."

So, I'm doing it -- not doing it, that is -- for YOU, fellow knitters.

I'm generous that way.

Just thought you should know.

6 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

And I, for one, thank you for it.

Cute sweaters!

12:15 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Nice little sweaters. And if you aren't feeling the love..for knitting, then don't!

5:11 PM  
Blogger Sally Anderson said...

Thank heavens you're back. Thought maybe you'd left the blogosphere and I missed you. The baby sweaters are adorable even if you didn't love doing them. I hope you can find something fun now because you've done enough altruistic goodness. Now you get to be selfish! Welcome home. -- Sally

11:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the 50 gazillion dulaan hats you did finish should be enough to hat at least half of mongolia....

Ang

7:49 PM  
Blogger Dave said...

Knock, knock! Anyone home?

11:17 PM  
Blogger Family of Food said...

I know a couple of babies that would look really good in those sweaters...

(Mrs. C.)

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home