Thursday, May 24, 2007

REBOOT

Meh.

Haven't finished a hat since that last entry. Probably this is because I realized I actually had *plenty* of time to finish the last 10-ish before this year's Dulaan deadline.

Also, I am a skosh bored with them. (Really? No way!)

I could have pushed through to the end, but really there isn't a big rush, and the knitting is supposed to be about enjoyment (mainly, anyway -- there's also the high drama, adventure and frustration).

So.

When the boredom first crept in, I started knitting 1 mitered square per hat, alternating boring / fun / boring / fun.

And that is what got me through, say, 5 of those last 10 hats.

Then in this last week, I dropped the alternation, just miters, no hats.

And now I'm even a little bored with the miters . . . (How can this be???)

But I'm still not interested in the hats.

So, NEW PLAN! (I love new plans. New plans are so much more exciting than whatever plan I'm executing at the moment.)

As I did with Freya, I am going to concentrate on a new sweater (for me! but not Sadie -- have to work through those color issues first) from start to finish for maybe 10 days (I'm giving myself 2 weekends), see how far I get.

I swatched the night before last, cast on last night.

Pictures once the thing is recognizable. (Yeah, it is one of those "famous" sweaters -- you see it all over the blogosphere. I'd feel like such a copycat, only it is both challenging and super-beautiful, so who gives a flying monkey?)

THEN, finish up the hats quick like a bunny, because by the time I've burned two weekends on this sweater, that shipping deadline will loom.

TTFN

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I admire your fortitude. I don't think I could make it through three hats, much less the, well, the large number of hats you've knit. Kudos to you! Good luck with your new sweater.

ang

12:58 PM  
Blogger kimchi said...

Can't wait to see what you are working on! so mysterious.
have a great weekend. :o)

7:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home