Thursday, May 31, 2007

Babies Always Win

Maybe your theory is that this is because they are so delicious, so adorable.

Personally, I think it is all the crying. (Make it stop! Make it stop! ANYTHING, just make it STOP!)

Either way, I suppose it is the Right Thing To Do.

(That, and, it is probably time to admit that no matter how fast I knitted, I wasn't about to finish St. Brigid before my hats came due . . .)

So:




Most of an Elizabeth Zimmerman "Baby Surprise" jacket, in Rowan's Felted Tweed for Twin No. 1. (Babies who do not see fit to warn me of their arrivals get knitting that requires minimal finishing.)

Not sure what we'll be doing for Twin No. 2. Maybe another "Baby Surprise?" Maybe the February sweater from Knitter's Almanac?

In any event, something without too much seaming . . .

None of which is to say that I've stopped working on Brigid. If I stop, who knows when I'll pick it up again.

So the new plan is -- Hey -- Remember when I said I liked new plans better than old ones? I take it back. I take it back. I take it back. -- The new plan is, although the baby things and the Dulaan hats are the priority, I knit a little on Brigid every day.

At least a row.

At that rate, it could take forever.

But I have a real hard time stopping at just one row. . . .

Sleeve One, Half Done.

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

Blogger Cookie said...

It's the crying.

Ya know, since the babies were a surprise, I think that's the perfect sweater for both of them.

6:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home