Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Bad Mood

So the reason my green yarn hasn't arrived is apparently that it has arrived.

Yeah.

According to the giant package-tracking database, it was delivered a week ago.

Only I don't seem to have it.

I am hoping, hoping, hoping that it was delivered and that it was delivered on a bad-weather day.

Because if it was cold, wet and miserable, then the postman might have decided to not leave the package at the front door (which is not sheltered) and instead put it in some other obscure (but dry) place. (He really is a nice guy.)

So there is a possibility that if I get home today before it gets dark, and I hunt around a bit, the yarn might magically appear.

Otherwise, it is just plain lost in the mails. (Or stolen from my front door.)

Of course I called the vendor about it.

They "can't help."

Blah, blah, blah.

The explanation goes something like, "If we replaced every shipment of yarn that got lost in the post . . . ."

You know the song.

So, if the package isn't hidden in some cozy nook somewhere, my only recourse will be to "make a claim" with the postal service.

Which will take weeks.

And won't actually result in my getting the yarn.

Which means that in order to make this sweater (assuming the shipment is lost), I need to find appropriate yarn from somewhere else.

You can't blame me for not immediately re-ordering from the same people, right?

All of which is to say . . . bad mood.

EXTREMELY BAD MOOD.

(You probably don't want to talk to me right now.)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that sucks. I've been there. :(

~nikki

1:42 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

That sucks....I'd go crazy 8 bat shit. The only thing I can think might be helpful is, if you paid with a credit card, you can get your money back, at least I think you can...right?

Ang

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm in a neighboring boat. I say you go to the post office and make a scene. Of course, I'm cranky, so I would say that. I hope the box turns up!

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home